Facilitation WG Meeting Minutes 02-02-2012
02/02/2012 in Facilitation WG
Attendees: Cecile, Er!k, Yeshua
Admin: aim to be done by 5pm
- ops: Follow up on Ad hoc facilitation 1/30/12 call (E!)
- Framing and format of discussion – Re-cap of what structure and process we currently have
- Winnowed Questions:
- how many WGs are active?
- what are the boundaries between the GAs and the WGs?/how much autonomy should WG be given/do they have?
- what do we need from the WG in order for the GA to work?
- specifically what are the roles and responsibilities of each WG?
- what do we like about our decision making process right now and what do we want to change?
- what do we like about our GA structure right now and what do we want to change? (present current format)
- ops: Discussion Agenda: finalize and assign roles (intro facilitator, discussion facilitator, WG breakout facilitator) (cg)
- Intro to Agenda and Facilitators: 15 min: Cecile
- Discussion: 75 min : Cecile
- Intro: 5 min
- The theme:
- explain the format
- on paper visible to all, any participants interested in presenting/discussing any idea will write the “format”, succinct title at the top of the paper along with their name. For example: Discussion: New Economics: Jane Doe or Presentation: Theories on Social Revolutions: John Brown (5 min)
- “Formats” can be any of the following: Discussion, Debate, Presentation, Ideas for Actions. Additional formats can be created as long as they’re clear.
- Facilitator will invite all participants to sign their name under any topic of interest to them. Multiple sign ups are expected.
- Discussion leaders select locations and discussions are convened
- All discussion groups will:
- select a note taker (computerized highly preferred) who will email those notes to be uploaded to the website
- select a reporter who will condense the discussion into no more than a 1 min summary, just to give any not present in that discussion a taste.
- 1 minute report backs from all discussions
- Signage: accountable for showing up .5 hr early and posting signson relevant venue doors to direct people to the GA: Yeshua
- Props: accountable for providing appropriate paper and writing implements: Cecile
- Notes: Yeshua asking John
- all to use this email address going forward
- Yeshua to post: Theme: Economics/GA
- Cecile to follow up with Irvin for next week and beyond