Minutes from DAWG meeting – 6/6/2012
06/08/2012 in Uncategorized
Present: Brian; Margaret; Sue; Dell; John (representing E&E)
• Saturday’s Pop-Up Occupy, scheduled for noon – 5 on Main Street in Montpelier
We’re pretty well set – Sue brought her list of what everyone has agreed to bring or do, from previous meetings and our GA last Saturday
• Other Pop-Up Occupies
mid-July – Marshfield?
August – Hardwick
September – Plainfield
? – Barre
* We will come back to the GA with more specifics soon
* NOTE: At the GA on Sat., invite anyone who might like to have us visit their town to speak to one of us
• Citizens Bank action – Heather is working on the informational flyer; John will help – perhaps 2-sided, with clear points on the front, and more in-depth info on the back?
Proposal re. picketing: plan to picket on Saturdays, 11-12
NOTE: picketing will begin when we have our informational materials ready; the first day we’ll meet at 10:30, for quick education/information sharing, before picketing
• July 3rd parade – @ the GA, ask who will attend, and get people to sign up
• NatGat (National Gathering) – Sue shared information about the direct democracy gathering planned for June 30 – July 4 in Philadelphia
Questions for the GA: Shall we endorse the gathering?
Shall we encourage OCVT members to attend?
NEXT DAWG meeting will be Monday, June 11 at 6:00 at Sue & John’s house in Marshfield – a pot luck dinner, and opportunity to debrief and evaluate the first Pop Up