Facilitation WG Meeting 7/5/12
07/05/2012 in Facilitators Planning
Check-ins: Heather, John, Josh, Colin (late)
- Space/Location: Guerilla Park, might rain, but only 20% chance as of today. Bring umbrellas. Or move to City Hall?
- Agenda for the GA: (two hours):
- Intro – 10 min – call for next month’s volunteers
- WG Reports Back – 15 min
- WG Operations
- Evaluation (plus, delta, insight) — citizens actions, parades, margarets, VBC – 15 min
- Transition/Occupy inter-action – 30 min (Josh and Heather)
- Next Pop-Up (Marshfield/Plainfield?) – 20 min
- Bread & Puppet opportunity at weekly Circus – 10 min
- Cabot creamery toxic waste solidarity request – 10 min (John)
- Announcements – 10 min
- End [Soapbox/Open Mic]
- Roles for the GA:
- speaking facilitator: Heather
- stack: John
- timekeeper: Colin
- notes: Colin or someone there
- props (big paper/whiteboards, banner, markers): Sue (banner)
- signage/hand signals/outreach materials/agenda: Heather
- posting the FWG meeting notes to the blog/announcement: Colin
- greeter/welcomer/de-escalator: Josh
- Cabot – Cabot creamery spraying chemicals on fields, or it’s leaching nto groundwater in unlined lagoons. Not a co-op anymore, owned by Agri-Mark. Request for solidarity.
- Bread and Puppet – invite to go to Glover and do things at weekly Circus
- Transition Town and Occupy – interaction between groups.
- Review / debrief notes from discussion. Both want to attract more people. Both have intangible support, but not a lot of participation
- Talk about what the possibilities are, motivate folks to think about concrete actions to work on together in the future
- How do we (OCV) align/work with other groups – autonomy statement in action
- What are transition folks working on that Occupy can lend action to and visa versa?
- How do we encourage building group analysis together?
- Marshfield / Plainfield pop-up (issues: cabot? goddard biomass?)
- Citizens’ bank – Marie has new handouts and flyers. Won’t be able to make it on Saturday. Action may happen Saturday at Farmers’ Market, but need flyers. Heather will try to reach Marie.