Over the next couple of weeks the Techies will be making various updates to this fantastic website of ours.
You may notice that we have already made some drastic visual changes – indeed, we have updated the site theme. This update fixes a number of issues with formatting posts properly. Though this removes a few things we want to keep, so more updates will be coming. These updates are pretty easy to change, so nothing is lost or impossible to undo.
The second most notable update is that we have drastically increased the flexibility and overall capabilities of this site. This particular update opens us to many – potentially powerful – new opportunities towards vastly expanding our collaboration, creates spaces for more active and free form online discussions (comments weren’t cutting it). Please take a look at the NYC General Assembly website for a glimpse of what is now possible. As a side note, this update allows us to serve as a central hub (or platform) on which other Vermont Occupiers can build.
A number of other updates are in the works and will trickle out over the next couple of weeks. Help is needed, and you do not need to be “technically minded” to assist – so if you feel called, we need assistance with: contributions, resources, research, links, writing, poetry, graphic work, web design, photography, and maybe more.
Please feel free to share your feedback, suggestions, and any other input you may have towards improving this network and our work on it. The primary intentions behind these updates are to improve accessibility of the information available through the site and improve the flexibility of the site to better inspire wider collaboration of Occupiers within Vermont.
EDIT 1/23: a few new additions from today..
- the right side bar has been repopulated with helpful information
- we’ve setup an events manager which can be seen here: http://www.occupycentralvt.org/events
- we’ve started adding events, eg: http://www.occupycentralvt.org/events/rally-state-house-join-sage-alliance-to-close-vermont-yankee/
- we’re testing out the groups functionality: http://www.occupycentralvt.org/groups/direct-action-wg/
EDIT 1/25: a few new additions from today…
- various people are already starting to take the initiative and register/login, create groups, etc, etc.. this is really fun to watch play out
- for each of the existing groups, I have activated the docs and forum plugins.
- Docs will give us google docs-style, collaborative document editing capabilities. There are some limitations (like spreedsheets), but this is still a very powerful alternative to gdocs.
- The forums are of the usual type, and will provide us with better (online) discussion capabilities. here is an example: http://www.occupycentralvt.org/forums/
NEED TO CAR POOL?